Sunday, April 15, 2007

Shut Up! Who Cares?

Last week I posted about the Don Imus and throughout the week I have been looking at coverage about the situation and really within the Black community. It seems to me that my first reactions were wrong about Imus, at first I was like off with his head but now I am realizing this just may be a pubilicity stunt, who knows. To me the Black community is taking this way too serious than it has to me. I know I might get some agry attitudes out there but that is my opinion. The content of Imus show is just what he intended todo with the statement he made, make people lauigh, offended, and in some way embarass the players of Rutgers. I'm not condoning what he did I'm just saying the media is making this like another Anna Nicole Smith situation. On the T.V. network BET(Black Entertaiment Television) They had numerous discussions and even a hour long segment on the case. My bottom line for this matter is that Don Imus will never be silenced because of free speech and basically because he has other supporters besides the ones who dropped him. Its "news" like this that becomes the enter of attention and makes important news the background noise.

No comments: