Thursday, April 19, 2007

Beyond the Picket Line

In a story that took place in Raleigh, NC (LifeNews.com) a man that said his First Amendment right was being denied tries to get help from a pro-life firm when he was picketing against abortion.

To me abortion is a sensitive subject, and whether or not a person agrees with it they should respect others feelings about it. Although, I am not for abortion, I think that this man and his family have the right to picket for what they believe in as long as it is in a tasteful manner.

Fortunately for this man and his family the punishment was only for a citation and not jail time. I think city officials in all states need to make specific laws that are geared to what can and what cannot be rallied against.

I can remember a friend telling me how she went to planned parenthood for birth control and people that are pro-life were outside the front door picketing against abortion, but they didn't know she wasn't even pregnant. My friend said she was embarrassed and felt alone, all because some of these people think just because you are going into a place that does abortions, does not automatically mean you are getting one. Even Cook County Hospital does them, but you never see the picketers there. Ummm...

For more on the story visit: http://www.lifenews.com/state2233.html

No comments: