Tuesday, April 10, 2007

How Sorry is Don Imus?

There has been National media coverage on the racial remarks that radio host Don Imus made about Rutgers University women's basketball team but is this becoming junk news like mostly everything else in the media nowadays?

I don't know if I agree that Imus's freedom of speech has been denied but I do know that the comments he made were not called for. Racists or not, I don't know but the thing about it is the whole shutting him up for two weeks, but what NBC has failed to realize is that he is taking an apology tour and those basketball players will have to hear this story and those comments repeated over and over again, so where is the true apology?

The whole story is a perfect example of how a person can take the idea of freedom of speech to another level and abuse it.

Rosie O'Donnell said best: "Radio is not a right, it's a privilege."


There are a lot of good YouTube postings and I wish I could show you all of them but here is one that I thought covered the story better than some.

Let me know what you think!!

No comments: